Tips on Skin Care During Pregnancy
Most women expect to have beautiful and glowing skin when they become pregnant. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Since the glow often attributed to pregnancy is due to the hormonal changes a woman's body undergoes, different reactions are to be expected. Some women may break out during the whole term of their pregnancies while others may have acne only during the first trimester. Some women also experience skin dryness and only a select few start and end their pregnancies all aglow. If you are pregnant and want to maintain great skin throughout your term, it is essential that you have a great skin care routine. The following tips can help you achieve that proverbial pregnant glow:
1. Update your skin care products. Your skin has different needs compared to your skin before the pregnancy. Since hormonal changes can cause your skin to become oilier or drier, you may need to adjust and change the products you use. Some skin care products may also contain ingredients that are not suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor and dermatologist for skin care products that are safe for pregnant women.
2. Switch to moisturizing body washes. Aside from your facial skin, the skin on your body also needs extra care during the pregnancy. The stress and trauma caused by stretching due to your increasing bulk can make your skin dry and itch. Using soaps can strip your skin off its natural oils and reduce its suppleness. Switch to moisturizing body washes to restore moisture on your skin and prevent itching and dryness.
3. Load up on sun protection. Your skin's sensitivity will increase during pregnancy. This means that it can get irritated and damaged easier when exposed to the sun. Avoid skin discolorations, dryness, and irritations by applying sunscreen as part of your daily skin care routine.
4. Pamper your bump. The skin on your abdominal area experiences continuous stretching throughout the whole term of your pregnancy. This stretching can result to unsightly stretch marks long after you have given birth. Prevent stretch marks by regularly massaging your tummy with a moisturizing pregnancy gel or cream.
5. Pay attention to your breasts. Your tummy is not the only thing that enlarges during pregnancy. Your breasts also increase in size to prepare for lactation. The skin on your breasts and nipples will be particularly sensitive which can lead to itching and dryness. Applying nipple creams on your breasts can reduce the dryness while wearing cotton maternity bras can help reduce the itching.
6. Go easy on the makeup. Less is more should be your motto when using makeup during your pregnancy. A foundation stick or concealer, loose powder, and a multipurpose color stick are all you need to put on a polished face. Since skin during pregnancy is sensitive and prone to irritations, choosing moisturizing, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic cosmetics is a must. Following these tips can help you achieve great skin during your pregnancy. Aside from these, eating a balanced diet, doing regular exercise, and getting sufficient rest are still the most basic things you can do for a good pregnancy and even better skin.
Baby Business Articles
Baby Business Books