Mother's Day Gifts | Top 10 Gifts for Mom
Spending statistics compiled for the National Retail Federation show that eight out of ten Americans celebrate Mother's Day, and spend nearly $100 on average for Mother’s Day gifts, (men spend more than women). Mother figures of all types receive gifts on Mother’s Day. Whether she is your mom, step-mother, mother-in-law, wife, aunt, daughter, friend or grandmother, the list below will help you select the perfect gift for the mom in your life. Top 10 Mother's Day Gifts
1. Greeting Cards Mother’s Day cards are the number one Mother’s Day gift. Hallmark reports that more than 150 million will be sent from U.S. households to mothers this Mother’s Day.
2. Flowers More than 50% of all Mother’s Day gifts include flowers. Sending flowers online has never been easier, with several reputable florists to choose from. This year, instead of cut flowers, consider sending a living plant. By giving a bonsai tree, flower bulbs, outdoor plant, or an indoor potted plant, your mom will enjoy your gift long after Mother’s Day.
3. Dinner Out Moms rank a dinner at a nice restaurant as one of their favorite gifts. Line up a babysitter, make the reservation and get out! If getting out is next to impossible, Omaha Steaks can send you a complete gourmet dinner.
4. Relaxation Give her some time off to slip into a favorite pair of pjs, read a good book, sleep, soak in the tub or listen to her favorite music. To help her relax, send her a spa basket, some new pajamas, or purchase a gift certificate for a massage, facial, manicure or pedicure at a local spa.
5. Weekend Away A weekend trip is the fantasy wish of many mothers. Not a bad deal for dads either. Close to home or far away, you can make her fantasy weekend come true at any online travel website.
6. Jewelry If you’ve given mom flowers for years, why not mix it up this year with a piece of jewelry. Retailers offer several Mother’s Day themed pieces. Classic earrings, bracelets and necklaces work just as well.
7. Handmade Gifts Mothers love every macaroni craft, crayon illustration, poetry composition, and finger painting their child makes. Displayed in a beautiful frame, children’s artwork becomes a priceless original.
8. Electronics Whatever is “hot” works for many digital age mothers. This year, consider an Apple iPod portable digital audio player, or iPod accessories. When it comes to iPod accessories new options are available every day. Mom can extend her iPod with an iPod clock radio, fun and functional armbands and cases, docks and chargers, FM transmitters for listening in the car, or speakers for her home or office. For digital age fitness moms, how about a heart rate monitor from Polar? Wearing a heart rate monitor can improve fitness in any type of activity. A built-in calorie counter provides an additional incentive to keep going.
9. Gift Certificates You will never get the wrong size again. Most online retailers offer gift certificates.
Baby Business Articles
Baby Business Books